Wednesday, July 27, 2011

B.L.T.

It's time to take inventory. When the boss sent out a memo reminding us of the the whys, wherefores and how's to get this process accomplished, I knew this was going to end up being a grueling task. Being accountable for not just the "things" in our life, but for all the responsibilities we each have, needs to also be reviewed.

I've spent a number of hours on my back since surgery, on July 15th. Everyday I take inventory of all the good things that are happening so, I have a map of where I have been and review the route to help guide me to where I want to be.

NO B.L.T.
No bending, no lifting, and no twisting for at least 12 weeks.

I can get out of bed unassisted.
I can use the restroom by myself.
I can brush my teeth without help, except I still seem to get drool down the front of my shirt.
I can shower alone, but cannot finagle underclothes by myself yet.
Makeup and hair are a snap.
I manage to carry on a pretty good phone conversation (at least by my standards).
I can make a cup of coffee, if I can find someone to transport it for me.
I can sit for brief periods of time. The new rods and screws in my back seem to be in the way.
I can read my iPad and return emails.
I can still order on the Internet, just can't get to the door quite quick enough to greet the UPS guy.
AND, my appetite seems to be holding it's own. I hear some people actually lose weight when they have surgery - no such luck for me.

I've taken inventory and I believe life is pretty darn good and when I arrive at the edge of my map, it may even continue to get better.

Next time I go out, I need to order a "real" BLT,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment