Sunday, June 5, 2011

Make a Memory

What is your earliest memory? Think back to times that can make you smile. Perhaps a holiday, a song or a smell will transport you back and trigger an emotion for you.

One of my many goals in life is to create memories for myself and the people around me. Today we began to prepare for our fourth of July event. Our neighbors have formed a dinner club that meets once a month at one of our homes. We have done this for eight years. Now, we decided we needed to involve the rest of the neighbors in some activities, so that's where the fourth comes in.

Remember, I told you I ordered the pleated flags to hang on the park pavilion across the street. Well, tomorrow the invites will go out, via email to the residents, to let them plan for the breakfast Steve and I will serve on the fourth at the park. We are planning a community parade with the kids decorating bikes and the guys showing off their golf carts and John Deeres in a patriotic mode. (Yes, we live on a golf course, so there are golf carts here.)

My goal is to make a memory for my family and friends. Neighbors have been an important part of our life. Friendships are to be treasured and cultivated. If you don't know your neighbors, make it your goal to meet them this week. Even if you've lived by them for years, it's never too late. It takes at least three invites to make a person really feel invited.

Blessings to you this week,
Jan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    I love that you're writing and sharing and what easier way than through a blog. Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy this process and journalling this way. It's so rewarding. Will be a follower!!!
    Love, Stephani

    ReplyDelete